So I don’t know if it was the post office or what, but both my Birchbox AND MyGlam – now Ipsy – September subscriptions didn’t arrive until the last days of September.
That, plus being out of town, I am finally getting around to publishing these latest 2 posts – sorry for that 😦 – I’ll try and be a concise as possible.
One of the things I am hoping to accomplish in the near future is becoming a truly consistent blogger, so thank you to all my readers for bearing with me.
Okay – so onto the latest goodies in the MyGlam bags – but wait… first things first, the weird name change to ipsy…
beauty by you <<< I think it is strange and unnecessary, plus it sounds too similar to “tipsy.” Maybe that is how the name came about – the “MyGlam” team got together for a re-branding meeting and couldn’t come up with anything, so they decided maybe a few cocktails would help… it didn’t
SEPTEMBER – overall: B.
SOHO Smudge Brush – Full Size
- Good brush, seems sturdy and of good quality. No shedding.
- Full Size Value: $5.97
Circus by Andrea’s Choice Nail Color “Tightrope” – Full Size
- Neon violet-fuschia nail color. Vegan and cruelty free. Bold and quite pigmented, dries semi-matte and sets fairly fast. Okay polish overall. Brand “Circus” was created by Andrea’s Choice – one of the “YouTube Beauty Gurus” behind Ispy.
- Full Size Value: $29.95 (as part of a 5 polish collection)
Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer – .38 fl oz Sample
- Loving this stuff! While it says “93% fewer split end instantly” – it should be clarified that it is not reversing the split ends, but simply binding them together to appear less noticeable. Nevertheless, smells great – light semi-floral beachy-coconut scent, due to the Tahitian based ingredients; and really does keep the frizz and split ends smooth.
- I think with continued use, especially after having your hair trimmed, would keep your ends looking amazing.
- Would be great for ladies with long hair and ladies with hair prone to brittleness, or easily damaged.
- A bit hesitant about the full size value for the price
- Full Size Value: $25.00 (1.7 FL OZ)
Jane Sparkle Gloss “Sparkle Pink” – Full Size
- Uggghhhhh!! Dislike. Sorry Jane.
- When initially applied, it is slightly sticky with good pigment, but gets tacky too quickly.
- It has an artificial cotton candy -esque scent that gives me a headache.
- There are better quality drugstore glosses around the same value.
- Full Size Value: $9.99 (part of a 3 gloss set)
Mirabella Eye Colour “Semiformal” – Full Size
- Biggest problem here would be that the product came as a single pan, luckily I have a shadow palette I can place it into.
- Good quality shadow. Blends nicely. Warm soft bronze with a slight sheen.
- Medium to Tan skin tones can use this as a neutral everyday color, will pop a bit more on deeper skin tones, while light skin tones could use this easily as a crease/contour shadow.
- Full Size Value: $10.00
OCTOBER – overall: B+.
Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment – Full Size .5 fl oz
- Very lightweight hair treatment that hair adsorbs easily, which is always awesome!
- Light tropical-fruit, somewhat natural-banana scent (from Amazonian ingredients).
- Can be used before shampooing, blow-drying and/or styling.
- As with most oil treatments, is restorative and adds protection, leaving hair softer, shinier and smoother.
- Has natural UV filters 🙂
- FYI: Does contain a silicone derivative.
- Full Size Values: $12.00 (0.5 fl oz / 15 ml), $32.00 (2 fl oz / 60 ml), $50.00 (4 fl oz / 120 ml)
Coastal Scents Eye Shadow – Sample Quad Set
- Candlelight, Vibrant Blue, Elven Midnight & Deep Eggplant
- Greatest thing about Coastal Scents is the range of products and colors for the price!
- All shadows are creamy powders that are easily blendable and you can use them wet or dry!
- Only disappointment would be that the Vibrant blue was not so vibrant when used dry.
- Full Size Value Range: $1.99 (single) to $69.95 (sets)
Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain “Bomb 2” – Full Size
- Mixed feelings on this one considering it really doesn’t live up to the majority of its claims.
- They sell it as a “gloss, stain and lacquer all in one!” – Gloss yes – stain not the stain you want – lip lacquer uhhh sure.
- They also say it is “feather light, non-smearing, intense and stay put” – Feather light, not exactly, smearing – all over, intense – yes, stay put – uhh no!
- They do advise you to apply a thin layer, which for the more novice make-up user could take a few tries to get used the the product consistency.
- It smells minty! A little odd.
- The color is very intense and for someone who applies make-up regularly and well, this product was a bit unexpectedly tricky. The wand is a strange 8 type of form and the product does stain imperfectly, but after you have taken it off! So imagine if it smears and then stains outside your lips! Seriously, I felt like Cher from Clueless when she gets all flustered and her lips are all stained/smeared with residual lip color and Dion is attempting to fix her make-up!
- Redeeming qualities, the color is a gorgeous true and vibrant blue red and the product is not sticky. When applied (with a lip primer to help avoid smearing) it looks seriously sexy!
- Overall- not worth the money for a product that doesn’t live up to its claims.
- Full Size Value: $39.00
Be A Bombshell Eye Liner “Onyx” – Full Size
- Love this marker liner! One of the best pen/marker liners I have tried 🙂
- I don’t tend to buy pen/marker liners anymore, as I prefer to use a brush and gel liner the majority of the time, so I was excited to try this out.
- It has a fairly thick felt tip (could be difficult for some people), which may not hold up for fine liner looks with continuous use, but it offers versatility.
- Dries quickly, long-lasting, quite pigmented, does not feather or run at all!! Great when you are in a hurry.
- It does not state that is it waterproof, but I definitely feel it is water resistant – and could stand up to a bit of humidity and light drizzle, but easily comes off with facial cleansers and water.
- If you are looking at taking your look from office to a night out, this could be a great product to toss in your bag.
- Full Size Value: $14.00
theBalm What’s Your Type? “the body builder” Black Mascara – .11 fl oz Sample
- Very good mascara for length and separation but not as well with volume – a little disappointing considering the name – I was expecting it to be the total package mascara.
- My lashes already have good length and are naturally curled, but I had to be careful with this mascara – when I applied it, it lifted and lengthened my lashes to the point where they were hitting my brow bone.
- Non-clumping, non-smearing and long-lasting.
- Full Size Value: $19.00
I am loving that Ipsy/MyGlam has been including so many full size products, plus one of the greatest things that has come about is that every product/brand has an accompanying discount code or coupon!
…more soon ♥