So as I mentioned in today’s earlier post, my subscriptions have been arriving late the past couple months, but Birchbox did email me letting me know the October box would be late (and gave me some Birchbox points). I received it a couple days ago and definitely excited for one of the products included… but first, September, which was equally good!
SEPTEMBER – overall: B+.
21 Drops “Focus” Aromatherapy Blend – .07 fl oz Sample
- Reminds me of hot tea and the holidays, with its blend of rosemary, peppermint and frankincense oil.
- I’m not sure if it really helps with avoiding distractions? Hmmm…
- It says you can apply it to your wrists or neck, but considering its scent, I personally wouldn’t want to go around smelling like the holidays and hot tea
- Full Size Value: $29.00 (7.5 ml)
Color Club Birchbox Custom Collection “Status Update” – 7ml Sample
- Good quality polish, in a solid blue-toned soot gray.
- Full Size Value: $8.00 (15ml)
Mighty Leaf Tea – Tea Pouches – 3 count Sample Pack
- I’m a tea lover and definitely enjoyed the ones I received: Green Tea Tropical, Chamomile Citrus and Vanilla Bean Black Tea.
- Each flavor was as expected and of good quality whole leaf teas.
- Full Size Value: $9.95 (15 count pack)
Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment System – Single Use Sample Pouches
- I always hate these single use pouches… how am I supposed to fall in love with a “system” that I only use once. Included was the Daily Shampoo, Daily Conditioner and Targeted Leave-In Treatment Crème.
- Warning: Fragrance/perfume heavy products. From what I recall the shampoo is very floral, with the conditioner being floral-fuity and the leave-in treatment being most fruity.
- Full Size Value: $9.99 (Shampoo), $14.99 (Conditioner), $9.99 (Leave-In Treatment)
twistband Birchbox Custom Lace up for Fall – Single Hair Band
- Simple, ouch-free – no snag – no tangle hair band.
- Full Size Value: $22.00 (12 pack)
Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator – 20g Sample
- Loving this stuff!
- 99% Natural with Papaya Micro-crystals and Aloe
- Though I love this, you can definitely get the effects at home and for fairly cheap. Read more on brightening your skin here.
- Full Size Value: $34.00 (4.23 oz)
OCTOBER – overall: B+.
beautyblender – Single Full Size Sponge
- Okay- so excited! I have never bothered to purchase a beautyblender, but I am familiar with it and the brand. I am actually a lover of the MAC Pro Performance sponge, so it will be great to do a proper comparison of the two!
- I have not yet used this, but initial observations: extremely light and airy, very small (when dry) and easily fits in my small hands.
- Look out for my MAC vs BB comparision soon 🙂
- Full Size Value: $25.95 (2 sponges)
theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer – 1 g Sample
- Great multi-purpose eyeshadow and highlighter. Smooth and creamy powder, easily blendable. Can be used wet for a more dramatic finish and high shine look.
- Full Size Value: $24.00 (8.5 g)
Lucy B Cosmetics Roll On Perfume Oil Duo – Standard Sample Vials
- Love these scents! Smell lovely together and on their own.
- Austrailian Wild Jasmine, with waterlily, white ginger and magnolia, is a little sexy, but still soft with florals. Not overwhelming or overpowering.
- Pink Frangipani is even softer but more fruity, with pineapple, heliotrope and coconut milk.
- Full Size Value: $48.00 (exact size unknown, see photo above)
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum – 2 Single Use Samples
- Gel-lotion consistency with an odd scent, but fades quickly.
- Initially seems greasy, but sinks into skin well.
- Unsure of its performance under make-up, but too much contact tends to make it feel a little gritty.
- Okay sunscreen, but nothing special. I still prefer my normal SPF moisturizer.
- Full Size Value: $42.00 (1.7 oz)
LUNA Fiber Chocolate Raspberry – 1 Full Size Bar
- Blehhhh… a bit too dry for my liking and where was the raspberry filling?
- Good for you ingredients but, tasted too much like a diet snack/meal bar.
- Full Size Value: $14.95 (12 count)