So a couple weeks ago I was sent the Influenster Beauty Bloggers VoxBox and I always love getting VoxBoxes! They aren’t like Birchbox or MyGlam, one they are free – you simply need to be an Influenster, qualify and be selected and two – they almost always include full size products to try out. Then you share and report back what you loved, liked, disliked and even hated.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Influenster, check them out here.
So here is what the Beauty Bloggers VoxBox included:
- NYC New York Color Individual Eyes – Brown Eyes Compact Palette
- Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit #05
- Bath & Body Works Mini Candle
- EBOOST Health Booster Drink Powder
- Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin
- Not Your Mother’s Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream
NYC New York Color Individual Eyes – Brown Eyes Compact Palette
- Includes 2 matte shades (vanilla and soft warm brown) and 2 satin shades (soft bronze and cool toned plum).
- The eyeshadow colors are lovely in the pan, very soft, but have low pigment payoff when applied alone.
- The shadows also have poor staying power when applied alone and can be easily wiped away.
- The palette also includes a cream primer (bad, bad, bad!) and cream illuminator (nothing great).
- The primer doesn’t even set, with the illuminator being very light and fading quickly.
- I opted to use MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study as my base and for the purpose of this review I applied the shadows according to the “instructions” on the back of the compact, plus added a bit of the plum along my lower lash line.
- Using a Paint Pot instead of the included primer, the shadows applied more pigmented and stayed on well for hours!
- When the plum shadow is applied to the outer corner over the matte brown and satin bronze shadows, the resulting look is more of a deep copper than plum, but looks gorgeous.
- The look wasn’t photographing so well, with the reflecting particles in the satin shadows, but I did included the following photos where the colors came out most true to life.
- Final Verdict: For $4.99, the palette/compact is a good value, BUT invest in a quality base to get the most out of the product!!
Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit #05
- The kit included a single set of 05 lashes, lash glue and lash applicator.
- The lashes were good, but had a solid black seam, meaning you need to also wear black liner to hide the seam.
- The lashes were decently flexible, but the seam was a bit stiff for my liking, but not uncommon with solid seam lashes.
- For the purpose of reviewing, I did use the glue included 😦 The glue was horrible!! Not surprising, but honestly, probably the worst lash glue I have tried. Bits stayed stuck on my eyes and took a bit more effort to remove than should be necessary. Make sure to always spend a few extra dollars a buy a quality lash glue, rather than relying on the included lash glues.
- The plastic applicator was okay, but I still preferred just using my tweezers.
- Up close photos below, and you can see my normal lashes in the above pictures.
- Final verdict: Lashes are good quality, with a slightly stiff seam, though not unbearable for me, but there are equal quality and more comfortable out there for the same price ($5.99).
Bath & Body Works Mini Candle (and 3-wick candle coupon)
- I received the Black Pepper Bergamot scented mini candle and love it!!
- I had actually already bought the 3-wick candle in this scent and it smells of men’s cologne with a bit of spice.
- If you enjoy the smell of a man, or are a man that enjoys cologne, you would love this scent – though I believe it was part of their Fall collection and may not be available anymore, or at least in limited quantities.
- Final verdict: For me Bath & Body Works candles are always a good buy, with frequent sales and coupons. They have so many scents, many of which give off a subtle aroma without even having to burn them. I have a large 3-wick and mini candle collection, and always buy some during their 2 for $20 sales.
EBOOST Health Booster Drink Powder
- Bleh!! This is a power dietary supplement/health booster with an “all natural orange flavor” that you add to water.
- Tastes as you would expect it to.
- Final verdict: Ehh… not too appealing for me.
Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin
- LOVE these spin pins! I actually had bought a pack and guarded them closely, because they were a little pricey ($7.29) for two pins.
- I had actually lost one of my 2, when these came in the mail, so I was super excited to receive these.
- Great for securing your hair quickly and easily, without the hassle of multiple pins or tricks.
- Make sure just not to interlock them, if you are wearing two in your hair at once, since they can get locked together in your hair and be a hassle to remove.
- Final verdict: Worth it, if you’ve been interested – buy them!
Not Your Mother’s Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream
- I think this one is more suited to wavy/straight hair, since it says to apply and blow-dry or air dry to reveal straight, frizz-free hair. Frizz-free – somewhat, straight -no.
- I had to use quite a bit, as my hair is past my waist and curly and it initially left my hair feeling a little sticky.
- It also left my hair feeling a bit dry and my ends felt horrible, like I dipped them in alcohol and they dried up!
- Smells like coconut, which is expected considering it has coconut and silk extracts.
- After sleeping on my hair, the feel of my hair has improved a bit.
- Final verdict: Not a great product for me at all and would not bother buying it, many other products out there!
So that sums up the Beauty Bloggers VoxBox 🙂