Yay!! I was finally able to buy a few new products, after what seemed like forever, and I just had to get my hands on some products from some of MAC’s new collections.
What I ordered:
- MAC Fix + (long-time favorite! I use this spray daily)
- “Jungle Camouflage” Face Kit (From the Carine Roitfeld Collection)
- “Eden Rouge” Mattene Lipstick (From the Styleseeker Collection)
- “Copper Beech” Pro Sculpting Cream (From the Face & Body Collection)
- “Coffee Walnut” Pro Sculpting Cream (From the Face & Body Collection)
- “Pure Sculpture” Pro Sculpting Cream (From the Face & Body Collection)
- “Day Gleam” – NC30 shade – Pressed Pigment (From the Face & Body Collection)
A compact that showcases Carine Roitfeld’s sophisticated and seductive smoky eye and rouged cheek. Features: Dew, “Camo,” Bad Lieutenant and Carbon Eye Shadows, and Cremeblend Blush in Bootcamp Bronze. Limited edition.
- The packaging is cute and compact, plus it includes a mirror. This kit would be great for travel.
- Loving the cremeblend blush/bronzer! Blends beautifully, sheer but buildable, with a natural finish.
- I chose the “Jungle Camouflage” because it is the cool (yellow) toned kit. Also comes in “Desert Camouflage” which is a warm (pink) toned kit.
With its streamlined design, this new slimline lipcolour, features the traditional glamour properties of a matte lipstick – intense colour and semi-matte velvety finish – while offering a creamier, softer, more glide-on application. Non-caking, non drying. Moisturizing and incredibly wearable yet absolutely matte.
- LOVE this lipstick – MAC really should make the mattene lipsticks part of the permanent line.
- Eden Rouge is a bright blue red! Would be great on probably every skin tone. Read more on bold lips and application here.
- I would not classify it as a true matte lipstick. It has a slight semi-matte sheen to it, which I prefer even more.
- Highly pigmented, about 85% opaque. Non-drying, so great if you are looking for the matte look but without your lips drying out.
- Good staying power, but will still transfer. Add liner to extend wear.
A cream-to-powder formula for sculpting and shaping key features. Silky-smooth, easy-to-blend and neutrally-shaded. Apply where extra dimension is needed, eyelids included. Provides moist, skin-soothing, natural-looking sheer-to-medium buildable coverage.
- I have been looking for a product just like this for a long time now and I’m not disappointed!! 🙂
- Copper Beech and Pure Sculpture look similar, but when applied are very different shades.
- Love the formula. It is described as cream-to-powder, but it does not have a very powdery finish, but enough that it self-sets.
- Natural finish, with a sheer application, but very buildable without caking.
An intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish. Apply dry for a high shine, or on damp skin for a dramatic wet look. Provides eye-catching sheer-to-moderate buildable coverage and natural dimension finish. Pressed Pigment is delicate. Please handle with care.
- I was a little wary of purchasing this one at first, but I am glad I did. Day Gleam is described as an NC30 shade.
- This product is not for the inexperienced and a light hand is suggested.
- May look a bit scary to the more novice make-up user. I would recommend those unfamiliar with pigments, pressed pigments and highlighters should pass on purchasing this product.
- Does have a high “glitter/shimmer” content, but the more you work the product the smoother it looks. Works very well with damp brushes or on damp skin.