So, in case you couldn’t tell by the title, the theme for the June Birchbox is “Jet Set” :
Blame the school calendar, but every June we still get giddy about dusting off our suitcases and planning an itinerary. Even when we can’t hop on a plane, train, or automobile, we get our fix in other ways—from transporting films to globe-trotting beauty products. This month’s box is devoted to products that will indulge your inner jetsetter.
Well, I’m not sure if this box is just simply good – or if it is due to the fact that this box is coming off of a particularly disappointing May Birchbox/GossipGirl team up; but I am quite pleased with what I received.
Unfortunately, no full-size “products” this time around, but here is what I got:
- So cute! A wide, fabric headband with a single flexible wire within the fabric. Simply wrap, twist and it stays put. I received the blue headband, printed with white polka-dots and small Bambi-type deer. A must if you are a 50’s loving girl.
- Value: $14 USD
stila stay all day 10-in-1 hd beauty balm
- Typical BB – primer, moisturizer, and a sheer tint – NO SPF 😦 BUT it is mattifying -perfect for summertime!
- What they say: The epitome of a multitasker, this luxurious balm primes, moisturizers, and perfects skin in a single step. Peptides and moisturizing microspheres help wrinkles look less visible and reduces their depth over time. An exclusive color-correcting complex hides redness, while mattifiers zap excess oil and shrink the look of pores. Finally, antioxidants keep skin protected from free radical damage.
- Full-size Value: $38 USD
Juliette Has a Gun “Not a Perfume”
- Minimal but sexy! Simply classic and not overwhelming – if you love amber notes, this is perfect for you (and me)!! I’m already putting this on my short list of fragrances to purchase!
- A single element fragrance: Ambroxan.
- What they say: Even if you’ve never heard of Cetalox, you’ve undoubtedly picked up its scent. Used as a back note in thousands of fragrances, Cetalox (a synthetic substitute for grey amber) takes center stage in Not a Perfume. The result is clean and pure, as well as being allergen-free.
- Full-size Value: $85 USD
Melvita Floral Water
- Not the biggest fan of the rose water scent, but it is a nice – refreshing mist/spray. I’ll use it up, but probably won’t be purchasing it, simply because it is rose.
- Also comes in Orange Blossom and Lavender waters.
- What they say: Each of Melvita’s Floral Waters uses healing natural extracts to refresh and soothe skin. Lavender keeps normal and combination skin balanced and protected, while Rose is ideal for sensitive or prematurely aging complexions. Loaded with vitamin C, Orange Blossom energizes dull skin and evens out any blotchiness. All three smell divine.
- Full-size Value: $22 USD
theBalm cosmetics Stainiac
- Interesting formula because it is gel, which in concept, should give a more even application, though doesn’t seem to. The key to this stain would be layering the color, as it does not absorb the way most liquid stains do.
- I received the shade “Beauty Queen”, which in the tube is a deep strawberry red; but applied, is quite sheer and raspberry pink.
- What they say: The tinted gel leaves a lasting stain on lips and cheeks. Since it’s water-based, it has a longer setting time than most quick-dry stains, which means it won’t leave any unsightly streaks behind as long as you take care to blend well. Use a single coat for a subtle look or layer it on for a more visible (yet still discreet) hue.
- Full-size Value: $17 USD
Also included in the box was a coupon for Modcloth.com:
- Use this code MODVENTURE – for $10 OFF any order of $75 or more. Remember any purchase over $50 gets FREE shipping! Spread the love and pass on this coupon 😀
So overall, I liked this box, with my favorites being the Juliette Has A Gun “Not a Perfume” fragrance and the stila BB.