Okay – so I’ll start off by saying I don’t watch Gossip Girl, it’s just not one of my shows; BUT I am familiar with the style and luxury that goes into the show, so when I heard of the Gossip Girl – Birchbox collaboration, I was genuinely excited.
The theme/partnered boxes usually tend to be better and hold extra deluxe samples/full size products.
I thought the box would be filled to the brim with amazing DELUXE samples and at least one full size product – worthy of Gossip Girl!
Though, disappointment washed over me as I opened the box a few days ago. There are four quality products, all sample sizes – only two-ish I would classify as “deluxe” samples. Plus, they included a bonus – a note card.
I just expected MORE… I mean HELLO? The theme was “Black Tie Ball”!
So here is what I got:
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo (Single Use Sample Packet)
- Have not tried this yet, but it is only good for a single use, so even if I love it that first time, unsure if I would bother purchasing it or review it. We’ll see..
Miracle Skin Transformer™ Body SPF 20 in “Glow” (.5 oz deluxe sample tube)
- Tinted body enhancer, very minimal coverage, smells nice and has some sheer/micro-glitter.
Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara (.13 oz deluxe sample tube)
- Will add an update on this one – after a few days of using it.
- UPDATE: I do like this mascara… a lot. The formula works nicely, with the brush giving a more spikey yet voluminous lash look. The brush isn’t my favorite, as it is not designed well for the inner and far-outer lashes.
Dior Miss Dior Perfume (normal sample size vial)
- Smells amazing, if you love a fruity floral classic scent.
Plus, a single note card (and pink envelope) printed on one side with “XOXO” and blank on the other side. Now you could say I am a die-hard fan of the written word and an actual handwritten note is a rare and genuine thing these days – so I appreciate the note card; and intend to use it. A hand written note always feels like a special gesture in our high-tech world.
So there you have it…