Are you in love with Yves Saint Laurent’s TOUCHE ÉCLAT ? Or is it on your wishlist? Well good news for you – the Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer pen is just as good and 1/5 the price!!
The Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer pen retails for around $7.99 USD, depending on where you pick it up, and that compared to the YSL Touche Eclat at $40 USD is a steal.
Both products are highlighting/brightening concealers that come in a pen form, with the product itself dispensing through the brush end.
So before going onto what I love about the Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer pen, I will say that I do not own the YSL Touche Eclat pen – simply due to the cost; though I have tested it out many times, actually about every time I pass a YSL counter. It was on my wishlist, but after coming across the Maybelline version, well – I’ll be spending that $40 elsewhere.
Now onto the good points:
- Economical at $7.99 USD
- The highlighting concealer really does brighten up the areas of the face you apply it to
- Gives quite good coverage
- A little product goes a long way
- Perfect for touching up during a long day
- Slim, fits in your handbag, clutch or pocket = travel friendly!
- Feels light on the skin
- Doesn’t get cakey, with minimal to no creasing
- Looks like good skin, not make-up
- Bonus: Seems to photograph very well
What Maybelline says: Gel-based formula diffuses light. Illuminates as it conceals.
The only downfall I really see in this product is that it only comes in 6 shades at this point. This type of thing is typical for drugstore brands, but I think this product is going to be well loved, so hopefully Maybelline will be coming out with a larger range of shades.
I picked up the shade Nude 330, which is the 3rd shade in the range (310 to 360). Check out the swatches below: