I am addicted to this stuff – seriously!
If you haven’t discovered body polishes or exfoliators – you definitely should! I could go into an entire discussion on why it is important to exfoliate your skin, but perhaps I will save that for another day.
I just ran out of my tub of Soap & Glory Flake Away – a body polish that is truly amazing – and it made me realize just how much I love this product! I have promptly put in another order via Sephora for a couple more tubs of the stuff. It comes in a 10 ounce container for $18 – and worth the price tag. I would buy it by the gallon if I could!
I have quite a fondness for Soap & Glory as a brand, partially because of their quirky semi-provocative branding, just goes to show you the power of marketing. Many of their products hold up to their claims, but Flake Away may be my ultimate favorite out of all their products I have tried. This product is also my favorite body polish/exfoliator out of all the ones I have used.
If I made a Pros and Cons list, I would only have good things to say.
So onto what I love about this product:
- It’s a body polish that’s gentle enough to use quite often, personally I use it about twice a week. I use a little on other days if my knees, elbows or feet need some extra lovin’.
- It’s a great product to use before any kind of hair removal – you should always exfoliate before – it really does help!
- It’s formulated to be extremely hydrating and while I wouldn’t advise it, if you happened to skip the moisturizer after (like I admittedly have), it wouldn’t be as big an issue with this product, as say many other body scrubs/polishes/exfoliators.
- It smells amazing, with the signature Soap & Glory ‘Pink/ scent, but it isn’t an overwhelming scent, nor too sweet or floral or spicy. The scent is also what I call Man-Friendly – meaning men don’t mind the scent on themselves or you (as in it’s not ridiculously girly).
- It doesn’t leave any filmy residue on your skin.
- It is formulated without parabens (if you are unsure what those are click here).
- Most importantly, it leaves your skin luxuriously soft (AND hydrated).
So here’s what Soap & Glory claim:
A superhero strength skin smoothing body polish with shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar. Transforms your scaly legs from reptilian to radiant. Scented with our Original Pink™ fragrance.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USEApply a handful of Flake Away on to damp skin and massage in circular motions until most of the grains are gone. Rinse well, pat dry and apply body glossing oil or moisture butter. (Careful! Avoid application over irritated skin or abrasions, as salt scrubs can sting.)
-Sweet Almond Oil
-Peach Seed Powder
Full Ingredient List:
Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone